DamonCasey

FMP11 crashes on Lion when running OnTimer script

Discussion created by DamonCasey on Aug 8, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2012 by DamonCasey

I'm getting a persistent crash with both FileMaker Pro 11.0v4 and FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced 11.0v4 running on two separate computers that were recently upgraded to Lion 10.7.4.

The crash occurs with an OnTimer script attached to the database window by the opening script that saves a compressed copy of the file. The OnTimer script is set to run every 60 minutes and has been rock solid on Snow Leopard and the crashes only started after upgrading the computers to Lion.

The crash occurs on my development machine in FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced and more sporadically on the client's computer in FileMaker Pro 11. My computer doesn't have the correct path to save the file so I get the standard error message that the file "could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk." As soon as I click OK, FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced crashes.

I can sometimes run the script manually on my development machine without a problem and other times it crashes when performed manually too so the crashes happen more regularly as an OnTimer script.

It crashes less regularly on the client's computer where they see a crash approximately once a day.

Has anyone seen similar crashes since upgrading to Lion?

Best regards,

Damon Casey

Automating Data Ltd.

http://www.automatingdata.co.uk/

Outcomes