5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2012 5:21 PM by comment

Need an Idea: replacing one class with another in student schedule

jbrown

Hey all,

The student schedule I've created works just fine. Its a join table, connecting the classes to the students, as i think is typical. There's the classID and the studentID in the enrollment table.

The issue is that on Wednesday, some of the students will not go to their elective class. Instead they will take a college prep class. I need their schedule, which shows up on a student's record and allows teachers to see the kids they have in any period to show the change, from the elective (Art, Weight Lifting, etc) to this College Prep class.

Right now I have the set up so that if the day is wednesday, the adjusted class time (shorter days on wednesday) show up in the kids schedule (a portal). But I can't get the actual class to show up. I've thought of filtering the records so that the right classes would show up on Wednesday, but that, I think, would require me duplicating all the records in the enrollment table, and assigning them to Wednesday.

Unfortunately the elective classes that are replaced are all throughout the day.

I don't know how to do this.

Does anyone have an idea?

thanks

jb