AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting the default table occurrence that should be associated to new calculation fields?

Question asked by g@briellelevenson on Aug 13, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2012 by Mike_Mitchell

Hey everyone,

Is anyone familiar with a way to assign which table occurrence should be the default for new records created in that table?

I've never had this problem before, but I'm working in a table that has several occurrences on my graph, and what seems to be recognized as the default occurrence is one of the less important ones. Every time I create a new calculation field in this table, it says "Evaluate this calculation from the context of:" and names this low importance table occurrence. This keeps tripping me up, and I think it's only going to get more confusing as time goes on.

This database is a clone of an existing database that I revamped since their tasks were similar. I'm concerned that originally, this low importance table occurrence was the first one created for that table, and that it's ingrained somewhere in the inner workings of Filemaker that it's now the default. If there are any suggestions for changing this, I would love to hear it!

Thanks,

Gabrielle

Outcomes