3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2012 6:05 AM by kreisel

Extra line on report I cannot get rid of

kreisel

I'm building a report to print an invoice and am having a problem with an line appearing on the form that I cannot seem to get rid of. It's in the part "Trailing Grand Summary". I have no fill, and under "Line" I am trying to only have a line at the top. If I show no lines, it works as intended...no lines. But if I try to add a top line, the layout shows both a top and bottom line.

Here is a sreen shot of the inspector when "Trailing Grand Summary" is selected:

Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 13.04.47 .png

You can see that there is no bottom line defined. But here is the report, show in preview:

Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 13.07.53 .png

I do not want a line below "Grand Total:". I did check to make sure the footer part has no lines defined.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Extra line on report I cannot get rid of
          AlanStirling

Hi Kreisel

I suggest that you turn the line off in the way that worked previously and then draw a separate line across the layout near the top of the 'Trailing Grand Summary' part, which you format to show in the colour you want.

I think you have been playing with the borders around the whole 'Trailing Grand Summary' part, where the 'Top', 'Bottom', etc settings may not have any effect. In previous versions of FileMaker, a text box would ignore the same settings, allowing the developer to only set the width and colour of the line on all four sides, not individually - perhaps this is the same.

Best wishes - Alan Stirling, London UK.

• 2. Re: Extra line on report I cannot get rid of
            taylorsharpe

I would expect what you are doing would work, but obviously it isn't.  So I would try a different approach.  Remove the line from the part and then go into the trailing summary part and manually draw a line just 1 point below the top of that part so that it is at the top of the trailing summary.  This may not answer your question, but can give you a solution.

• 3. Re: Extra line on report I cannot get rid of
              kreisel

You both had the same idea and I think it's an acceptable one. Much more control, etc.

thanks,

Rob