AnsweredAssumed Answered

The IT department (a subcontractor) wants to end use of Filemaker at our site.  What to do??

Question asked by johnd on Aug 16, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 by Mike_Mitchell

HELP!! Our IT department has indicated they wish to standardize software for the facility, and Filemaker is not on their list of standard software. One of the claims they will likely make is that Filemaker is a risk regarding information security (PII), particularly for files hosted on a server. Note: This is a small government (DOE) facility. They have already tightened permissions on the server side enough that I am getting FMS ERROR wpe1 Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.errors from Filemaker Server. Filemaker Server does still run to some degree, but the scheduled task feature is inop.

Any references or contacts to government or private facilities that use Filemaker, and their expertise, experience and/or requirements for data security would be appreciated.

Also,

I am a computer user, not a software professional, so my knowledge of server security is pretty much nil.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John D

Outcomes