5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2012 9:10 PM by LyndsayHowarth

Template for Job Applications

jormond

Anyone one know of a "simple" Job Application solution that is IWP compatible?

I know of a retail shop (Apple dealer) that is looking for a Job Application template...but I didn't find any right off, that didn't cost $10k.

• 1. Re: Template for Job Applications
          LyndsayHowarth

I suppose there is no such thing as a generic Job Application DB...?!

I guess there is a form for contact entry and a way of either uploading your CV then a bunch of questions... I think maybe it is not dissimilar to the basic features of most solutions out there. $10k seems excessive.

Many years ago I made a database for my own CV. I did it so I could cherry-pick the things I wanted to highlight depending on whether I was applying for a Teaching or Developer job. It is one of those things which all depends on the spec as there are probably many different ways to approach this.

- Lyndsay

• 2. Re: Template for Job Applications
            Aileen

Hi Lyndsay,

School Automation Suite has a job application program. Glenn Singleton is in charge if the solution now, so I am putting you in contact with him or contact me back channel..

It is web based and managed by FileMaker . It is FM12.

Go to my site, www.possiblesolutions.com and take a test drive. See if is what you are looking for. The setup is very easy.

Let us know. If you are interested, I'm sure we can work something out. Glenn?

Aileen

• 3. Re: Template for Job Applications
              beverly

I don't have any links, but supposedly there are/were online solutions that allow you to upload a PDF of your resume, CV & references all without needing to type them into web form(s). It then would OCR (or however it worked) the docents and push into the proper "fields". I would imagine that was not an inexpensive solution!

-- sent from my iPhone4 --

Beverly Voth

--

• 4. Re: Template for Job Applications
                jormond

I think they are looking for something really simple.  Basically their normal job application as a web form.  I just don't have the time to set up a file to do what they want, and make sure it is properly locked down for them.

• 5. Re: Template for Job Applications
                  LyndsayHowarth

I think that security would be the most time consuming part of it all.

I toss file uploads into many of my solutions and it generally takes about 10 mins. Not a biggie if you are hosting on a Mac.

I'm quite sure Joshua has all the skill required... just not the time it would seem.

- Lyndsay

My-iPhone 0423 831 897

Lyndsay Howarth

www.11hrg.com.au

lyndsay@11hrg.com.au