4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2012 3:08 PM by Malcolm

Subsummary problem

dvaughan

Hi All,

I am new to this sort of thing, so please bear with me. I am having trouble in the subsummary portion of my report, the field label and field are not showing up..and yes they are within the layout parameters. The field label and field does however, show up in the trailing grand summary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Subsummary problem
          cardezco

Make sure that you are sorting by the field that you have on the sub-summary... also, a silly thing that happened to me at the beginning, the field was showing up, only the field font color was the same color as my background so I didn't see it and all along I thought it wasn't working... good luck!

• 2. Re: Subsummary problem
            dvaughan

Thanks for the help...the text is black on a white background, and the sub summary sort is the same as the field. The field itself is a summary field..that shouldn't be a problem right?

• 3. Re: Subsummary problem
              cardezco

Just to be clear, the summary field, is summarizing the field you are sorting by? Correct?

In other words, if you have a sum_state as the field, you are sorting by state… correct?

It that's the case, that should be working…

• 4. Re: Subsummary problem
                Malcolm

The sub-summary part will have a field defined as the break field. The sort order must include the break field, if it does not the sub-summary part is not displayed.

malcolm