1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2012 6:56 AM by jweissman

Problem Filtering Records in Portal Using Text Fields

jweissman

I have a large table with two fields. one is numeric and the other text. Out of this table I need to choose the best record for a particular purpose. I would like to filter the records to display in a portal so that it would be easier to choose a particular record. This would involve searching for a string in the text field using the position function. have been able to do this with a quoted text string in the filter part of the portal setup. But it doesn't seem to work if I use a text variable or text field instead of a quoted text constant. Interestingly, I can filter the numeric field with either numeric constants or numeric fields entered into a calculation for the filter.

Anyone have any ideas?

Joe Weissman

• 1. Re: Problem Filtering Records in Portal Using Text Fields
          jweissman

I have fixed the problem.  This appears to have been due to inconsistent references to an imported table. The table appeared twice in the relationships diagram but only once in the menus for selecting fields. Renaming and relinking the table solved this problem.  It is interesting, though that filtering worked for numeric fields whether or not a constant number or field reference was used as a filter in the position function.  For text fields only a text constant worked. 

Joe Weissman

Atlanta