nsabel

Clear script step bug

Discussion created by nsabel on Aug 30, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 by nsabel

Today I noticed a bug when a field is both on the layout and another copy is in the work space to the right of the layout the clear script step will return an error 102 (missing field) even though the field is not missing. If you use the set field script step with the calculation result of "" it will work fine all of the time. Once the copy of the field is removed from the work space the clear script step works again. Has anyone else encountered this bug?

This minor bug and doesn't cause any issues in the production environment as the work space is just that and I only use it to hold items during development.

Update: It appears after further testing more variables are coming into play, but I don't know what they are. I can't seem to reproduce the problem after the initial occurrence. I was in the process of updating a file from FM11 to FM12 including a layout redesign and had several items in the work space one of them was a copy of the field I was trying to clear. I did make sure the field I was trying to clear was present on the layout as that is a requirement for that script step.

Nick

Outcomes