Troi Automatisering releases Troi URL Plug-in 2.6.2 for FileMaker Pro 12
Maintenance update for plug-in for FileMaker Pro 12 that helps you get web data.
September 3rd, 2012, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi URL Plug-in 2.6.2 for FileMaker Pro 12.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from web sites.
- use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result directly in FileMaker Pro
- use the GET command to retrieve data
- use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
- get access to password protected web pages
- encode text into HTTP format
- get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
- send cookies with a request
- send your request through a proxy server, even if the proxy server requires a username and password
- send tweets to Twitter with ease!
What is new in version 2.6.2?
Troi URL Plug-in 2.6.2 is a maintenance release. It fixes a problem where the plug-in would not correctly load when running as a server-side or as a web-side plug-in under FileMaker Server 12 and is recommended for all users. This update also adds the following improvements:
- made compatible and tested with FileMaker Pro 12
- (Windows) fixed a problem in the TURL_Get and TURL_Post functions, where the switch -TimeoutTicks=xxx would not always work
- added a new switch "-GetPluginInstallPath" to the TURL_Version function: this switch will return the path where the plug-in is installed
This plug-in allows you to easily get data from web servers on the Internet or send information to them. We invite you to test drive the new plug-in and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 2.6.2 is available for downloading from Troi's Web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/urlplugin.html>.
Troi URL Plug-in 2.6.2 works with FileMaker Pro 9, 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Pro Advanced 9, 10, 11 or 12. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition (SP 3), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Licenses cost US$ 69 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi URL Plug-in 2.6.2 also works with FileMaker Server 9, 10, 11 or 12 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 299.
Please note that Troi URL Plug-in 2.6.x works with the 2.5 registration string. Users who bought a license for Troi URL Plug-in on or after May 1st, 2010 are entitled to a free upgrade. We have emailed these registered users a new registration string in January 2011.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 1st, 2010, are available from US$ 39 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: