4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 2:49 AM by disabled_xaviervb

Refresh after user selects different tab

Hello,

I want to make an indicator (red = panel not completed (0) , green = panel valid (1) or white = current tab panel) to guide a user through different tab panels.

The indicator is a repeating field (25). There are a lot of tab panels :-)

I don't know if my solution is a good one so I'm open to any different solution.

On the layout I have a conditional format with a let funtion that sets a global variable ($$tab) with the selected tab panel. (This is the only way I found to get the selected tab panel in a variable using Bruce Robertson custom function FrontTabs( layoutObjects; parent ) on BrianDunning)

The conditional format of the indicator is = Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) = $$tab (set background white)

The OntabSwitch trigger validates the content of the actual panel and sets the right repetition to a value

The conditional format is of the indicator = Value = 1 (set background green)

The problem is:

After a user switches to a different tab the window isn't refreshed and the new $$tab isn't calculated for the new conditional format.

Idealy I would like a OnTabEnter script trigger that sets the new tab in the global value and eventually refreshes the window. The OnTabSwitch performs before the tab is switched so a refresh there has no point.

Thanks