1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 1:31 PM by Stephen Huston

I have a multi-page PDF in a container field, how do I print it?

jgalt

I have a multi-page PDF in a container field, is there a way that I can print it with single tap?

Currently our users must open it...then view it in Safari...then click the print option...then select the airprint printer...then enter the user name...then enter the password. I assume that you can see the problem.

• 1. Re: I have a multi-page PDF in a container field, how do I print it?
          Stephen Huston

Take a look in the Technical Resources Center of this TechNet site for a document titled: Container_Fields_in_FMP12_en.pdf

It states that printing from an interactive container field is available if Acrobat is installed and you are using Mac OSX. I was unable to find any discussion of a method to provide printing of a container PDF file from within Go. This appears to be a limitation of  Go on iOS.

Your current solution might be simplified by making access to the airprint printer simpler, but security restrictions may not make that desirable.

This looks like one of those unhappy areas where we see clearly that "FMGo isn't FMPro."