1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 7:53 PM by Malcolm

Overview of date ranges

richmilnix

I'm thinking about totally rewriting a calendar solution that's been in place, in bits and pieces, for about five years. I'm an employee of the twnety-person comapny hosting it, and each time we've thought of somehting else we could track as data, I've added a new wing to the mansion - so now I have a ramshackle mansion wth twenty-seven wings and no bathrooms.

There are a couple of things I'd like to get proficient on, though, if I'm going to devote a big chunk of this winter to the project, and this post is abou tone of them: event dates!

In short - I can't really wrap my head around this: if the start date of an event is 7/1, and its end date is 7/3, by what mechanism does a calendar view set to 7/2 'see' the event?

I will appreciate any tutorials or examples.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm using FMP 10 Advanced on Win & Mac machines, FMP 11 on most of the client computers, and FMP 11 Server.

• 1. Re: Overview of date ranges
          Malcolm

if the start date of an event is 7/1, and its end date is 7/3, by what mechanism does a calendar view set to 7/2 'see' the event?

When you create a relationship between two tables you can create more than one criteria. Each criteria is evaluated. You would create two criteria and your evaluation would be like this

ViewDate ≥ event date start

ViewDate ≤ event date end

malcolm