2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2012 1:49 PM by cardezco

Duplicate Records in Parent table (Parent Portal)

cardezco

Has anyone seen this issue, or might know how to fix.

I have a parent table, with 4 children tables. I access all tables in one single layout, parent table at top half, and 4 other tables on the lower half. It's like a dashboard type thing. When a portal record on the parent table changes, the associated records on other tables/portals change too. It all seems to be working great, with the exception of one thing... when I add a record on any of the children tables/portals, it adds a blank record on the parent table. I can add a record on the parent table/portal, the other tables/portals update just fine. When I change a record on parent table/portal, the other tables/portals update just fine. When I erase a record on parent table/portal the other tables/portals get updated accordingly... it's just when I add a record to any of the dependent portals that a blank record is added to the first table. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Duplicate Records in Parent table (Parent Portal)
          CarstenLevin

cardezco wrote:

... when I add a record on any of the children tables/portals, it adds a blank record on the parent table.

Hi Cardezco,

How do you add records in the child table - are you using a script?

Please supply us with:

• Picture of the ERD or a representative sample.
          • The script you use for adding records.

Best regards

Carsten

• 2. Re: Duplicate Records in Parent table (Parent Portal)
            cardezco

Thank you Carsten for your response. I have since gone ahead and redesigned my application, to where I have the child tables in a different layout, and I don't have that problem anymore. The way I was adding records in the other tables, was by clicking on the portal and typing the new information on the next avilable row, as I click out of the portal, the record gets added. No script. I should just go ahead and close this discussion, since I have changed my design.