5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 11:04 AM by Stephen Huston

Weird print bug 12.02 Mac OS

Tim_Ballering

We have a layout that has worked fine for years. It stopped printing one field. I am pretty certain it worked in 12.01. If not we have some very unobservant workers.;-)

The specifics:

Mac OS 10.7 10.6.8

FMP 12.02

The field has a go to related record button attached to it.

The field is in a portal row and not touching any elements of the portal

The field shows in preview - both portrait and landscape

The field prints in portrait

The field does not print in landscape.

Recreating the layout without copying any of the prior elements has the same problem.

Weird

Tim Ballering

• 1. Re: Weird print bug 12.02 Mac OS
          Stephen Huston

Not a clue why it would be dependant on the page orientation for printing, but a shot in the dark -- is there any conditional formatting on this field?

• 2. Re: Weird print bug 12.02 Mac OS
            psijmons

As far as I know, conditional formatting will not effect the print, but the field size in landscape may be altered in a way it cannot display the contents.

How is the anchoring on that field?

• 3. Re: Weird print bug 12.02 Mac OS
              PeterWindle

What about the sliding/hide when printing? It might be worth checking. Also, what type of field is it? text/number etc, perhaps the display format of the field may be wrong?

Out of curiosity - why are you printing a portal...?

• 4. Re: Weird print bug 12.02 Mac OS
                Tim_Ballering

Thanks for the replies.  Answer to the questions present by all:

No conditional formatting, but field object is formatted as a button

Anchored top left

Text field, text content

It is only this one field, all others in the portal print regardless of orientation

There is no sliding or hiding applied to the field or portal

We use a portal in this case instead of a list report as there is static information to the left and right of the portal.  There is a 1/4 margin between the text box and the portal.  I removed these text boxes and the printing bug persisted.

Tim

• 5. Re: Weird print bug 12.02 Mac OS
                  Stephen Huston

An aside to psijmons: Conditional formating can be applied based on Window Mode (where Preview and Printing are actualy different modes), so I just wondered about that. Clearly not the issue in this case with no CF applied.

Tim: does this change if you remove the button formatting from this field? (Since you say this persists on new layouts, try duplicating the layout, removing the button functionality from that field and test printing.)

I can't think of any reason why a button would print differently by page orientation, but it would be good to pin down the cause so that FM engineers can try to fix it, especially if it is a new bug.