AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM web publishing uses most of CPU on page error

Question asked by GarySprung on Sep 10, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 10, 2012 by mbraendle

While developing a new CWP solution, some of my pages have errors, like incorrect URLs. Whenever I call a page with an error, FM Web Publishing "freaks out" on my test machine running OSX Snow Leopard Server. Activity Monitor shows CPU activity in the 75-95% range. During this period, the web server serves pages very slowly, if at all. The database server shows high activity, too.

FM Web Publishing eventually settles down to 0.1%, but it takes several minutes or more. Using the FMS Console to stop Web Publishing does not stop the activity. I have to also quite the database server to get it to stop.

It's not infinite loops causing this. A simple incorrect URL will cause the problem (as well as other mistakes).

Running FMS 11.04.404. Snow Leopard Server updated to newest.

I reinstalled FMS this morning. Still have the problem.

I don't recall ever seeing this problem before with FMS before about a month ago. It seems like FM Web Publishing should handle such errors much better.

What to do? Where to look?

Only clue: Immediately after re-install, two errors appeared in Publishing Engine Access log:

2012-09-10 09:44:43Publishing Engine AccessError127.0.0.1:49834 - - "/fmi/conf/config.wpc?-iwp_enabled=yes&-xml_enabled=yes&-php_enabled=yes&-language=eng&-xslt_enabled=no" 401 0
2012-09-10 09:44:46Publishing Engine AccessError127.0.0.1:49844 - - "/fmi/conf/config.wpc" 401 0

Gary Sprung

Outcomes