2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2012 12:07 PM by Stephen Huston

My 2nd Question: Pictures in the Foto / Container box?

katjawiki

a)

Some of my pictures are resized (a bit to small) and do I have the possibility to enlarge the picture inside of Filemaker?

b.)

Do I have to keep the origin file and path on my disk?, or do I can delete the original picture?

I appreciate your answers and help very much

Katja

• 1. Re: My 2nd Question: Pictures in the Foto / Container box?
          Malcolm

The inspector offer you three options:  1. Crop 2. Reduce to Fit 3.Maintain proportions

choose Crop if you want the image to display at full size.

choose reduce to fit if you want to see the entire image within the field boundaries. You use the physical size of the field to control the image size.

choose maintain proportions if you want to see you image appear without being distorted in one dimension or the other.

malcolm

• 2. Re: My 2nd Question: Pictures in the Foto / Container box?
            Stephen Huston
            b.)

Do I have to keep the origin file and path on my disk?, or do I can delete the original picture?

If your containers are storing the image file, not just a reference to the file, then you may, if you want, delete the source file from your disk after storing the image in a FileMaker container.

FileMaker provides controls to let you export the container field contents to your disk later if you need a copy of the image file down the road.

However, if you are using FMP12 or any plugins to manipulate or control the size of the image file stored, you may not get back the full resolution of the original file if you later export the stored file from the FM container field.

1 of 1 people found this helpful