COMM-UNITY NETWORKING SYSTEMS RELEASES CNS IMAGE 1.5.3, A FILEMAKER PRO PLUG-IN.
Fort Worth, TX, September 10, 2012 -- Comm-Unity Networking Systems announces CNS Image 1.5.3, an update that brings several enhancements, bug fixes, and system compatibility improvements. CNS Image is a FileMaker(R) Pro plug-in which allows you to work with images stored in container fields or on your hard drive. With this plug-in you can do custom imports and exports; change image formats; stretch, crop, resize, rotate, and flip images; and apply filters like blur, contrast, brightness, emboss and the like to images. CNS Image is available immediately at http://cnsimage.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS(R) X and Windows(R).
CNS Image is a FileMaker plug-in for working with images stored in container fields or stored on the hard drive. On the most basic level, you can use CNS Image to Import images from the hard drive into FileMaker container fields and Export images from container fields to the hard drive using hard-coded paths or dialogs. However, Importing and Exporting images is only the beginning of CNS Image. The plug-in can do so much more with your images. You can Rotate images; you can create small thumbnails in your database of a much larger images on the hard drive. You can split PDFs into multiple images and browse through them all from FileMaker. You can download images from the internet into a container field; and apply filters like brightness to your images. All of these things and more are possible.
CNS Image is not just for FileMaker Pro either. Everything that works under FileMaker Pro will also work under FileMaker Server, with the obvious exception of bringing up a dialog for selecting a file to Import or Export. This means you can use Scheduled Scripts to batch process images at night, or create Instant/Custom Web Publishing solutions that can convert, stretch, crop, and more.
- Significantly reduced the file size of the Mac plug-in, simplifying the internals of the plug-in at the same time.
- Fixed several registration issues, including registration saving issues, crashes when registering, and dialogs not closing correctly.
- Reworked every bit of Windows specific code to fix issues with loading and running under Windows (especially Windows 7).
- Reworked the Ghostscript code to produce much better 72 dpi images of PDF pages.
- Fixed issues with image processing when ImageMagick returned warnings instead of errors.
- Recoded GetImageFromURL to fix issues with many web servers, and added code to handle redirections.
- Fixed a major memory leak in the Import function.
- Imported latest core code improvements from other CNS Plug-ins.
Pricing and Availability
CNS Image is available immediately at http://cnsimage.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS(R) X and Windows(R). You can download a full-working Demo copy of the plug-in to test it out before purchasing.
This version is a free upgrade for anyone with a 1.x.x license. However, if you are upgrading from a version prior to 1.5, you will need a new license key to use this new version. Please see the ReadMe file included in the download for more information.
A 1-User License for the client version of CNS Image is $65. To use the Server Edition of CNS Image, you will need to purchase at least a 10-User License. A 10-User License is $319. You can find a purchase link on the website. There are several other price points and information for Educational/Non-Profit institutions on the purchase page for the plug-in. All prices subject to change without notice.
Review copies for article write-ups available upon request. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in reviewing the plug-in.
Comm-Unity Networking Systems
PO Box 137559
Fort Worth, Texas 76136