1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 3:36 PM by motasea

WPE1

alas

Starting on August 15, my FMS 12 installation has been emailng me multiple times per day (410 messages in total) the following error message:

FileMaker Server 12.0.1.178 on xxxxxx reported the following event:

Wed Aug 15 02:58:42 EDT 2012 FMS WARNING wpe1

Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: POTENTIAL PROBLEM.

This error, however, does not show as an error on the server.

Screen Shot 2012-09-11 at 4.48.24 PM.png

The server logs do not show anything specific for a WPE error. Periodically I do have the following log entry

Publishing Engine Error 0

127.0.0.1:58776 - - "/fmi/conf/config.wpc" 401 0

And immediately after it in the log is an entry

Publishing Engine Access Information

127.0.0.1:58786 - fmsadmin "/fmi/conf/config.wpc" 200 2311

I have had FMS10, 11 and now 12 installed. And 12 went in without this error message until 8/15/12. Now I can't seem to find a way to stop it.

The only times I would ever get this error in the past were when the web server lost its access to the Internet. But that is not the problem here. The server is not having any issues with accessing the Internet . And the web publishing access to FMS is working too.

I have tried to do a reinstall of the WPE installation (reconfigured the server). But that has not helped.

Thoughts?

A.

• 1. Re: WPE1
          motasea

Look in the server event logs  to see if the server is having hardware problems before the wpe1 event happens.  I had this problem on fm11. I upgraded to fm12 and it came back.  In fm11 the web publishing engine never crashed but in fm12 it crashed twice within the past two weeks.  I looked every where and nothing.  I finally decided to stop the fm server and restar the windows server.  Everything came back and so far no problem. the wpe warning is very hard to figure out.  I wonder if it has to do with memory leakage.  I am going to count the days until i get the warning again.