1 of 1 people found this helpful
web, "matching" is your key word here (pun intended). I often create temporary relationship for just such things. Once the Keys Match, you can go to the database you need to search and if there is NO match (show the related key field on the layout to verify), then those are NOT active.
how to go about automating the process
Is this a one-time process or do you need to do this regularly?
This is a one time process to rectify our records.
I think I've got it figured out. Here's what I did.
I created a relationship between the two ID fields.
Then I created this script:
If[TableA::EMPID = TableB::EMPID]
Insert Text[Select; TableA; "No"]
Go to Record/Request/Page [Next]
That worked for me. Thank you for your hint. It made it all click for me!
personnally I would use the import feature. Much faster then a script.
1. show all records on the target table,
2. import the source table with import action set to 'update matching records in found set'
3. In your case the match would be 'EMPID'
4. once import is complete you have a reduced/found set of the matched records.
5. then tag that set. Maybe 'replace field content'