6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2015 10:35 AM by user12569

Dashboard Templates

user12569

Does anybody know of a few charting dashboards which are available to download as templates? I am interested in buying one or two, so I can edit and modify for my needs if none are freely available. It seems that charting on filemaker and dashboard popularity would gaurantee some availability, but I can only find one. I am trying to not completely reinvent a wheel that I am certain has been invented ....

Again, if anybody has one that is nice and worthy of use, I would gladly pay for a copy of it.

• 1. Re: Dashboard Templates
          bpk

Hi: Did you find a "dashboard template" as you stated before?  Please let me know. Thanks

• 2. Re: Dashboard Templates
            user12569

No.  Not what I was after.  So, I had a developer create a dynamic dashboard program. 

• 3. Re: Dashboard Templates
              bpk

Hi:

Any idea as to where to purchase the third party software? Also, what was the cost for your project by the developer?

Thanks

Badel P. Khano

• 4. Re: Dashboard Templates
                gdurniak

I've been at this for many years, and have yet to see two the same

It would help if you could specify your industry, or application

FileMaker charting is relatively easy, and worth doing from scratch

and I hate to say, the best I've seen was done entirely in PHP, using data cached from FM Server

greg

> I am trying to not completely reinvent a wheel that I am certain has been invented ....

• 5. Re: Dashboard Templates
                  fmpros

The new 12 charting is pretty good for this; just need to be careful on your chart specifications.  SQL really helps here.

If you want to get really crazy with charts one of the best is xmChart; allows you to do anything with charting and since

the chart def is textual you can even get fancy with importing text file chart def's to make it really dynamic and upgradable.

Fusion Charts puts out a completely different setup based on Java, I think.  Renders beautiful charts that have properties

not found elsewhere.  A little difficult on the definition side but the end result is worth it.

Both can make a great foundation for dashboards.

William

• 6. Re: Dashboard Templates
                    user12569

thanks for your comments everybody.  Best and most user-friendly option from newradiologytechnology.com

videos in Dashboards link.  Just runs as a separate app and hosts to any browser, so works very nicely And dynamically in webframe.

filemaker makes nice ones, but not dynamic for all end-users and I don't want to make a new layout every time...