4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2012 10:53 AM by rivet

Drop Down List Populated By Date

cabarnes

I have two fields, one is the Date field, and the other is the Assignment field. The Assignment field is a drop down list but I would like it to depend on what the date is. For example, if the date is a weekday, the Assignment drop down list would be populated by List A, if the date was a Saturday, the Assignment drop down list would be populated by List B.

How would I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Craig

• 2. Re: Drop Down List Populated By Date
          comment

Hm. I understood the question differently.

• 3. Re: Drop Down List Populated By Date
            cabarnes

Thank you nboth for the answers you gave, and both have got me rethinking this.

Let me explain what I am trying to do:

We have basically two schedules, Weekday and Saturday. We have various runs that the drivers do on a daily basis. Say during the week 4501A would be 7 hours, 52 minutes (7:52), but Saturday would be 6:52. What I am doing is comparing their scheduled times vs actual times. They don't alwaus do the same evry weekday.

For example, driver 1 would do 4501A Mon-Thur, driver 2 would do 4501A on Fri, 4502A on Sat, and 4503A on Tue & Wed.

raybaudi - What you suggested is great, but how would I have the second field (Scheduled Time) populate according to the assignment field? I have two tables, AssignmentsSaturday & AssignmentsWeekday.

Michael - I really like your daily layout. This would be really great to be able to use, as the drivers change what they do every few months. If I could enter a date, then choose a driver from a drop down list which would populate the Assignment & Scheduled Time according to the date would be perfect.

Tables & Fields

Table - DailyEntry

assignment

date

driver

hours_actual

hours_difference

hours_scheduled

kf_drivers

kp_daily_entry

Table - AssignmentsWeekday

block_number

hours

kp_assignments-weekday

Table - AssignmentsSaturday

block_number

hours

kp_assignments-saturday

Table - Drivers

kp+drivers

name_first

name_last

name_full

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for you help.

Craig

• 4. Re: Drop Down List Populated By Date
              rivet

Michaels example is actually what you are asking for, I have just renamed things to match your reply. You just have to create a driver table and probably pull the actual assignment hours into the scheddule table for static calulations.