2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2012 8:14 PM by zubir007

Linking two tables together

zubir007

Hi,

I have this database that I've been working on (attached below). Currently when I click on new patientit creates a new record and allows me to fill out the form. I also have a next button on the form for new patient layout that takes me to the layout with the tabs, however, I am not how to link the two layouts together so that it is actually counts for one record for the patient. How do I do this can someone please provide me with step by step instructions on how to do this. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Linking two tables together
          MattLeach

You need to setup a relationship between the two tables.

The first thing i would do would be to add a primary key to each table. The table in which you are linking to would need a foregin key. So using your tables as an example, i would add:

New_Patient_Layout::_pk_PatientID

crf_table::_pk_ReportID

crf_table::_fk_PatientID

I would then link the tables as follows:

New_Patient_Layout::_pk_PatientID = crf_table::_fk_PatientID

You would need to create a script and attach it to the next button that would do the following:

take the patient ID from the New_Patient_Layout table and set is in a variable

Go to the case reports form layout

create a new record

set the crf_table::_fk_PatientID field with the variable set above

This will create a new record in the crf_table and set the foreign key as the patient ID so that it is now linked with the patient record.

• 2. Re: Linking two tables together
            zubir007

Hi

I c what your saying but ive nevrr done this before can u give me like baby step instructions on how to do this like first click file etc etc. I would much appreciate it if u could thank u.