2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2012 4:25 PM by tech_liaison

<No disk space:filename.pg> error with External Containers

worldcloud

I have a client which came to Worldcloud because his FileMaker 12 solution had stopped working on another providers service. We set up his account and things works fine for two weeks and then every time he attempted to add a file, he recevied an <No disk space:> error. There are several GBs of space on that server. When I created a new file and hosted on that server, the problem was repeated with the new database.

I moved him to another FileMaker 12 Server in a different datacenter and the problem went away- for two weeks. As of today, not only can he not save Container fields, but all other solutions on that Server have lost the abiltiy to save Container fields. I have had him copy his file and us Recover to create a new file, with no success. The second server is using three drives and each has 10GB+ of free drive space.

The two Worldcloud Servers in question are running Windows Server 2008 R2 (64Bit addition). Both servers are running multiple solutions and no other users are reporting problems.I have searched TechNet and I can not find anyone which has included the actual text from this error. If someone would lide to see the error on a 'live' server, I will be happy to give them access to my test file.

FileMaker's advice is re-install the server, but to manually recreate all the administrator groups, backup schedules, etc. is huge undertaking with a small chance of lasting success. I would value any advice. The likiehood that three servers from two different vendors have the same corruption and/or setup is very slim.

INSERT PICTURE creates an error; however, INSERT FILE into the same Container field works properly.

Thanks,

Joe

• 1. Re: <No disk space:filename.pg> error with External Containers
          wimdecorte

worldcloud wrote:

FileMaker's advice is re-install the server, but to manually recreate all the administrator groups, backup schedules, etc. is huge undertaking

Are they telling you to recreate them manually?  If not you can use the console to save the settings and import it after the reinstall.

• 2. Re: <No disk space:filename.pg> error with External Containers
            tech_liaison

Hi Joe: Sorry to hear that you and your clients are having these issues. Can you try the following?

1. Since no other users are reporting problems, it seems possible that this particular client ran out of disk space (the client, not the server). Double-check that the client machine has enough disk space. If that is not the issue, try switching from interactive containers to non-interactive containers (Inspector).
            2. If #1 doesn't help, then try switching the database in question from permanent thumbnail cache to temporary thumbnail cache (File > Manage > Containers), and closing/reopening the database using the FMS Admin Console.
            3. If neither of the above helps, try emptying the permanent thumbnail cache on the server located at "FileMaker Server/Data/Caches/FileMaker/ContainerCache".

Please let us know which, if any, of those steps resolves the issue for you. Thanks!

Best,

Dave