oak

Strategy: How create a public submission form with IWP ?

Discussion created by oak on Sep 20, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 8, 2012 by mikebeargie

IWP is great to put a quick application form together for the web. I would like to create an user account for the people who submit their info, so they can edit it again later if needed.

I would like to use FM account feature to handle the login credentials. The problem with that approach is that I don't know how what the privilege set of the a first-time user should have; After-all a script must be able to create a new user account. Would granting a firts-time user those privileges great gaping security hole?

Can someone recommend a strategy for creating web submission form, that can be edit by the user later?

This is what I got so far.

1. The first-time with 'guest' credentials log in throught a weblink.
  2. The FM startup script redirect the user to the only template the user has access to a located ONE specific record.
  3. The new-User types up a username and password and submit it. The submit-script (Full access privileges) does some anti-spam checking, checks if the username exist and if not create the user name and relogs the user in with their new credentials.

Am I on the right track here? What happens if two new-user try to submit a new username at the same time? is there a way around that?

Please advice.

Outcomes