3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2012 5:50 AM by beverly

Help!

dloughlin

Without giving it any thought, I associated my .htaccess file with Notepad, and now it appears that my php scripts cannot communicate with FMServer 11 advanced. I'm on Windows 7. I didn't change anything in the file, I just wanted to view it's contents. Absent any ideas, I'll probably reinstall IIS and FMServer, and hope that will correct the problem, tho I'm doubtful, as the association to notepad may still be there.

• 1. Re: Help!
          sporobolus

on 2012-09-20 17:38 dloughlin wrote

Without giving it any thought, I associated my .htaccess file with Notepad, and now it appears that my php scripts cannot communicate with FMServer 11 advanced. I'm on Windows 7. I didn't change anything in the file, I just wanted to view it's contents.

i doubt the file association is causing the problem; you probably saved the

file with CR+LF line ends and need to change them back to Unix line-ends (LF);

Notepad++ or any number of other text editors can do the job

• 2. Re: Help!
            dloughlin

Thanks for the response. I copied over an different htaccess file and that didn't help. I then stopped and restarted the IIS Server, and that did the job. Don't ask me why, but I'm working again. Again, thanks for the response.

• 3. Re: Help!
              beverly

When doing things like resetting preferences, properties or a configuration-type file, I find this to be the rule rather than the exception:

If in doubt, restart the service(s) and reboot the machine.

Beverly