3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2012 10:15 AM by wsvp

iOS 6 and loss of "Street View"

thh

In a customer management system we use street view to help find a location

Street view has been a great selling point (interest rouser) for using mobile devices.

Find location on map - view in Safari, is the way we use it

From what I find, it seems that Street View is gone due to Google

and Apple Maps do not give an option.

Am I missing something here?

/ Kaj

• 1. Re: iOS 6 and loss of "Street View"
          wsvp

As Apple is taking a LOT of Flak right now for its iOS 6 map application,  I suspect there will be other options soon.  Either Apple or some third party will have to address this and many other issues.  I personally find the new "Map App" to be vastly inferior, as it is now.

While in general I tend to be an Apple Advocate, one of the things I dislike about Apple, is a general trend (in both marketing and design) to assume people who live in rural areas are of no importance.  This could get even uglier as Apple moves into mapping...  I hope they prove me wrong.

• 2. Re: iOS 6 and loss of "Street View"
            monkeybreadsoftware

Well, we have no idea about the why. Did Google ask for more money or deny to give license? Did Apple decide to get independent to avoid being susceptible to blackmail?

No idea, so enjoy Flyover :-)

Greetings

Christian

• 3. Re: iOS 6 and loss of "Street View"
              wsvp

I think some of the "Why" is likely related to the ongoing legal battle between Apple and Google.