3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 4:03 PM by ajayz

Checkbox - how to quickly uncheck all checkboxes

ajayz

I have a database of products with a checkbox at the end of each record. This allows the user to select all the products they wan,t and then press a button that prints only the selected records with a quote report.

I now need all the selected checkboxes cleared out (blank) ready for the next quote.

I can' t seem to work out how to acheive this.

Information:

The field is called: Select

Belongs to a table called: IpadDump

Value list name is called: Select and I have set the custom value to Select

I couldn't get the clear function to work - it only cleared the first record.

• 1. Re: Checkbox - how to quickly uncheck all checkboxes
          comment

Have a look at the Replace Field Contents[] command/script step.

Note that the problem with your method is that when one user selects a product, it is selected for all other users as well. And there is no history of the quotes produced.

• 2. Re: Checkbox - how to quickly uncheck all checkboxes
            DavidJondreau

I agree with Michael. If this is a multi-user solution, checkboxes won't work.

Use a global variable to store the IDs of the selected items instead. Replace your checkboxes with a button that looks like a check box. That button toggles the values of the global variable. You can conditionally format the button to indicate whether the record's ID is in the list or not.

• 3. Re: Checkbox - how to quickly uncheck all checkboxes
              ajayz

The database is not running off a server and it doesn't matter if other users selects the same product..  This is only to generate a proposal which is then sent as a pdf to a selected email address.  (the office staff then process the orders and check stocks)  This is just to speed up the process capturing the order in the field and giving a better visual display of the product and details.   Once the the pdf has been generated and emailled the checkboxes need to be cleared ready for the next client.