AnsweredAssumed Answered

What Happened to the Hangdowns from Sub-Summary Parts?

Question asked by richardsrussell on Sep 26, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 by MarcDavies

I'm the membership coordinator for my local Macintosh Users' Group. Needless to say, I keep the info in a FileMaker Pro database. Here's a printout of expiration dates from the "Steve.fp7" file as it existed last January:

Hangdown Showing.jpg

Notice that the expiration date (always the last day of a month) mainly shows up even with the 1st member listed for any given month (in this example, Beth Ann and Kenneth). That was accomplished by sorting by month and having the expiration date displayed in a 4-pixel-high sub-summary part that included (a) a thin, page-wide rule and (b) the very topmost edge of the "Exp Date" field:

Subsummary Part.jpg

All but the topmost pixel of that field hung down into the body part, where it showed up nicely as desired. (See above.)

I just went to print the same report out of the converted "Steve.fmp12" file and got this:

Hangdown Missing.jpg

The hangdowns are now being truncated at the bottom of the sub-summary part. What's up with this? Is it supposed to be a feature? Is there some switch I can throw to bring back the previous (desirable) behavior?

Outcomes