3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 1:26 PM by JFWX5

Export Field Contents

JFWX5

Hi,

I'm having a problem using the Export Field Contents script step.

The file in the container has a caculated name and is in a pdf format ie MrsJones.pdf

I've specifyed the output file to fmnet:/192.168.111.1/Server HD Disk Two (Lower)/ FM Container Image Backup/

What am I doing wrong? BTW I'm able to browse the folder accross the network.

Thanks,

John

• 1. Re: Export Field Contents
          JFWX5

Hi All,

I've manged to create a script that gets the file onto my local computer

Set Variable [ $filePath; Value:Case (Abs(Get(SystemPlatform))=1; "Filemac:" ; "filewin:" ) & Get (DesktopPath) & "Test/" & Child:Unique ID & ".pdf"

Export Filed Contents [Child::Unique ID; "$filePath"]

What am I doing wrong with this network script?

Set Variable [ $filePath; Value:Case (Abs(Get(SystemPlatform))=1; "fmnet:" ; "filewin:" ) & Get (DesktopPath) & "//192.168.111.1/Server HD Disk Two (Lower)/FM Container Image Backup/" & Child:Unique ID & ".pdf"

Export Filed Contents [Child::Unique ID; "$filePath"]

Thanks

• 2. Re: Export Field Contents
            nsabel
            1. First on mac don't use fmnet unless it is a shared filemaker file use filemac instead.
            2. Second ( I know this seems obvious, but need to check) do you have permissions to write to this directory.
            3. If you have advanced check the output of your variable and make sure it is being assemble properly.
            4. I'm not sure why you have Get (DesktopPath) in your path for a remote machine??? I would think this would return a path such as this

filewin:/C:/Users/me/Desktop//192.168.111.1/Server HD Disk Two (Lower)/FM Container Image Backup/ID.pdf

I don't see that as a valid path on any computer.

My guess is this is a problem with either file sharing settings on the computer or an issue with the path as above.

Nick

• 3. Re: Export Field Contents
              JFWX5

Hi Nick,

I've changed it toCase ( Abs ( Get (SystemPlatform) ) = 1 ; "filemac:" ; "filewin:" ) &  "//192.168.111.1/Server HD Disk Two (Lower)/FM Container Image Backup/" & Child::Unique ID & ".pdf"

I do have permission to write to the shared directory.

I think Variables are OK

I beleive the path is the problem

Any one out there want to set me straight?

Thanks,

John