3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 1:27 PM by jrenfrew

Themes professionalized

intex

The new themes in FM 12 are much better than what we had before, but ...

- why are there no themes with the look and feel of Windows 7 and 8, Mac OS X blue and graphite, iOS ?

- why isnt´t there a theme editor at least in FM Advanced or as an addendum ?

- why are some aspects of a theme like the glue effect not editable via the inspectors ?

- why do the themes have no personal standard values like "I want theme x, but with Arial instead of Helvetica" ?

- why are there no print themes ?

- why are there no further theme styles for Headers, sublines, help texts and other common interface elements ?

- why are there no stylesheets for special elements inside a theme ?

So there is much room to professionalize the themes.

• 1. Re: Themes professionalized
          Vincent_L

- why are there no themes with the look and feel of Windows 7 and 8, Mac OS X blue and graphite, iOS ?

Yes especially iOS

• 2. Re: Themes professionalized
            OllyGroves

Agreed, I felt this a strange omission. I presume a decision was made to promote design of platform independent ui's.

There is a good argument for this especially with on-going diversification of devices, however most databases I build would use a M.Lion theme if it was available. 

Also as layouts are now theme based it would be less of a chore to direct users to different layouts by OS if we had a theme for each OS. (not sure I would, but useful option to have)

• 3. Re: Themes professionalized
              jrenfrew

More positively there is scope for about 75 themes at least so we can speed up the adoption of 12 by providing a more diverse set of starting points.