1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 10:37 PM by hrc

Developer control of Transactions

tcswco

For situations when within a complex database structure adding or changing a record in one table requires that records in some number of other tables must also be updated, it would be very helpful to have transactional control via FileMaker script commands.

Having real transactional control would also be a big help when FileMaker is being compared to other database systems, as at the present time the lack of transactional control is sometimes seen as a strike against FileMaker.

Is providing developer control of transactions via script commands something that could be added to FileMaker?

• 1. Re: Developer control of Transactions
          hrc

I'd like to express my support for tcswco's wish.

While FileMaker is a tool which can also be used by less professional developers (I know a bunch of teachers who use it to bring order into... just anything ) I believe that the number of professional FileMaker developers is growing.

A number of professional features are REALLY missing in FileMaker if you compare it to other solutions. Some kind of transaction feature is one of them.