2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2012 1:35 PM by eric

Built in image library

vince.menanno

In many of the solutions we build we include images in our solutions.

To be consistent we have the image scattered in many places. If we decide to change out an image its a pain to have to go to each layout and replace it.

What we do instead is store them in global repetitions and then just refernce that repetition to be able to replace an image solution wide. Its great.

I know that FileMaker does some intelligent management when you insert an image. Was wondering if there would be a way to expose that in the application and maybe another layout tool to say pull an image from the libary.

This way they could be centrally stored and management is much easier so it can also help with updating the image across the entier soltion.

• 1. Re: Built in image library
          beverly

IF the CSS of a layout updated as we changed the attributes, and IF we had access/permission to do so...

I'd see this as the solution to that problem. The images we use for a layout, should be CSS driven (a code calling a resource). The code exists where we call it on the layout, the resource exists once and can be exchanged for another with the same size same type same name, etc.

Client wants 3% more red in their elements? CSS, of course.

-- sent from my iPhone4 --

Beverly Voth

--

• 2. Re: Built in image library
            eric

Looslely related to this, I thought every design element we see in FileMaker (including it's functionality) should be available to the developer (or Advanced developer), to place on layouts as the developer sees fit. E.g. All the icons in the toolbar should be available to put on layouts, kind of the like  Custom Menus for functional layout objects.