This may be really simple. The field that is displaying the "?" is not wide enough for the value it contains. Try increasing the field width.
This happened to me today. In my case the fields that had this behaviour were set to currency format, and we were recording general format numbers in that field via another layout. As soon as I changed them to "General" all was well.
Aspen Lane Technology
Unfortunately neither answer help. The field only ever contains one or two digits and is long enough to display them, I tested it. And it already uses the "general" formating.
What's really odd is that if I click in the field to select it it will show me the correct data. But once I exit the field it turns back into a question mark.
How about a sample file showing the problem (and, preferably, nothing else)?
If you look in the "more like this" section on the right hand side of this screen, you'll see numerous discussions about the question marks.
Has your file been corrupted and restored?
We have question marks appear in all fields of a ghost record when serializing a found set of records. For example, if I serialize 10,000 records and then do a find for serial > 0, I'd have 10,001 records in my found set. The last record has question marks in all fields. It's habit now to sort by serial number, go to the last record and Apple+T to omit it from my found set. This only happens in one file at the moment.
We never had this problem before FM 11.
Is it possible that one (or more) of your calculations is setup to return a result isn't a number - maybe a date, for example?
If so, that might explain why you're seeing the question marks - and why they "go away" (revealing the "real" values) when you click into those fields.
It is obvious that your field can not hold all digits produced by the calculation result.
Using the General format is the the culprit.
Select zero or two decimal digits and you should be fine.
Unfortunately that doesn't work I've tried multiple format and nothing changes
The file was never corrupted in the past and as I wrote in the OP I've already tried cloning the entire DB and re-importing everything but it didn't fix the problem.
Either I'm not understanding this correctly or it doesn't work.
I tried changing the "inventaire_jour_id_hier" to unstored but it still wasn't working. I also added a refresh button clearing all join results on the layout and it didn't help either.
What's weird is that this DB worked fine for months and is doing this now without any change made to it. (appart from the data obviously)
Thanks for that but that's not right. The last day still shows question marks and besides all the values are wrong. Most values are now negative even tough that shouldn't happen.
Here's the file.
Ah, version 12- I'm not there yet. I hope someone else will be able to spot the issue.
I think the problem has to do with how you have the calculation for "compte_hier" is setup.
Here's what you have:
Case (Count(Inventaire_article_hier::_pk_inventaire_article_id) = 1 ; Inventaire_article_hier::compte ; "0" )
Drop the quotes around the zero, like this:
Case (Count(Inventaire_article_hier::_pk_inventaire_article_id) = 1 ; Inventaire_article_hier::compte ; 0 )
That should do it.