AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple Record Question

Question asked by pillar133 on Oct 5, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 9, 2012 by pillar133

Hi,

Very new to FileMaker and as many others here have a deadline for a project. The project I'm working on is for a payroll system in which shift foreman will use an ipad to enter in daily exceptions for workers, for example: If a worker is usually supposed to be digging a hole and for the particular day they are painting a wall, the foremen needs to record that information on the app and sync it up at the end of the shift. They have a pre-existing Oracle database that contains information about each employee: A "crew" number, their payroll check number, birthdate, and a couple other things. I will have this information populate the form based on the crew ID or Employee name they enter. My question is, is there a way to have multiple records on the same form. for example, if I have an area to enter the Crew ID and they enter the number 005: this crew will have 4 people on it, Jeff, Mike, Tom, and Roger. Is there a way to set the forms up so all four of their records populate with the information from the Oracle database and then they finish by entering the exceptions to their work day? This would be in contrast to entering the Crew ID and only being able to view and enter the data for one individual at a time. Any help is appreciated.

Outcomes