3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2012 11:40 AM by BruceHerbach

Default Script

gwinzeler

Any way to change what is in the default script?

I know I can make one and duplicate looking more for a team solution from the +New menu...

GARY

• 1. Re: Default Script
          BruceHerbach

Gary,

Assuming your account has the correct privledge set, go to the Scripts menu,  click on Manage Scripts.  Then locate the default script and edit it.   To select a new script go to the File Menu, select File Options.  In 11 and older versions change the startup script. In 12 go to the Script triggers tab and update the OnFirstWindowOpen script trigger.

In the script you can do a number of things,  and base this on the privledge set or other criteria.  If you need help with this please post a more details about what you want to do.

Bruce

• 2. Re: Default Script
            gwinzeler

no Bruce not a default script on the layout or startup I am talking about when your at the Manage scripts window and the +New choice -  if you drop it down there is a defualt choice that is set up by filemaker and that is what i would like to control. 

So when I start with a new script it is not blank - I would like to have some default scipt steps set up by me.  Gary

• 3. Re: Default Script
              BruceHerbach

Gary,

I checked and don't think you can change that in the current version.  The Default is somewhat file specific.  It has three steps one of which is go to layout.  I think this always goes to the first layout for the first table created.  In short, I don't think there is an actual default script.  I believe that what happens is the internal programming creates the script and adds the three steps on the fly.

My solution is create a default script template. When I need a new script, I duplicate this script, then edit the duplicate,rename it.  and add the script steps I need.  Not as elegant as New default, but it is only 1 or 2 extra mouse click so I live with it.  It is also easy enough to edit this default script and import into other files.

HTH

Bruce