3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2012 7:01 PM by oscars99

IWP only supports classic layout?

oscars99

If I have a FM12 database that can be use over the web and on the iPad via FM GO. How can I use setup the layouts? How do i approach this limitation? Do I need to use classic for everything browser/iPad ? I don't mind using clasic layout for the web however, however I would like to use one of the gorgeous layout for the iPad on the same application. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

On the Filemaker site you see a picture of 3 layouts views on desktop(Browser?), iPad and iPhone.

FMViews.JPG

Thank you, in advance.

Oscar S.

• 1. Re: IWP only supports classic layout?
          gwinzeler

1) You need to detect the platform requesting the layout:

Set Variable $$appVer  =

Case (

PatternCount ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) ; "Pro" ) = 1 ; "Pro" ;

PatternCount ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) ; "Web" ) = 1 ; "Web" ;

PatternCount ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) ; "iPad" ) = 1 ; "iPad" ; "Phn")

then based on the variable above pick the layout with the "layout name by calculation" and use the case statement below:

Go to layout  [Case ( $$appVer="Pro" ; "layoutPro" ; $$appVer="iPad" ;  "layoutiPad" ; $$appVer="Web" ;  "layoutWeb" ; "layoutPro" )]

you need to make sure the Web layout has the classic theme the other layouts can be your choice.

Hope this helps,

Good Luck,

• 2. Re: IWP only supports classic layout?
            intex

in fact I think it´s a shame that IWP can´t use any of the new themes. This is a major step back for IWP. Same already happened with script triggers. Hopefully this is no sign for the end of IWP at all.

• 3. Re: IWP only supports classic layout?
              oscars99

Thank you very much for your answer. It helps.