Troi Automatisering releases Troi URL Plug-in 3.0 for FileMaker Pro 12
New URL Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 12 adds PUT and DELETE methods for interacting with web servers.
October 10th, 2012, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi URL Plug-in 3.0 for FileMaker Pro 12.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from web sites.
- use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result directly in FileMaker Pro
- use the GET command to retrieve data
- use the PUT command to to transfer files or upload data to web servers
- use the DELETE command to delete items on web servers
- use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
- get access to password protected web pages
- encode text into HTTP format
- get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
- specify cookies and proxy server settings
- send tweets to Twitter with ease!
What is new in version 3.0?
Troi URL Plug-in 3.0 is a major upgrade which further improves compatibility with FileMaker Pro 12. It adds these new features:
- added new function TURL_Put which will perform the PUT method, in order to transfer files (including images) or upload data to web servers that support this method
- added new function TURL_Delete which will perform the DELETE method, in order to delete items on web servers that support this method
- added a new example file to demonstrate the newly added Put and Delete functionality
- added example files in the new .fmp12 format, including a new example file which contains the plug-ins and can install them from within FileMaker Pro 12
- corrected a problem with PNG images and fixed a bug in the 'unregistered' flash dialog
This plug-in allows you to easily get data from web servers on the Internet or send information to them. We invite you to test drive the new plug-in and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 3.0 is available for downloading from Troi's Web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/urlplugin.html>.
Troi URL Plug-in 3.0 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11 or 12. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition (SP 3), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Licenses cost US$ 69 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi URL Plug-in 3.0 also works with FileMaker Server 10, 11 or 12 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 299.
Troi URL Plug-in 3.0 requires a new registration string. Users who bought a license for Troi URL Plug-in on or after October 1st, 2011 are entitled to a free upgrade. We have emailed all eligible customers a new 3.0 registration string.
Upgrades from licenses bought before October 1st, 2011, are available from US$ 39 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: