1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 10, 2012 2:42 PM by sporobolus

Editable PDF's

GClare

In the options dialogue for creating PDF's (FMPA 11) in the 'Security' tab one can specify that the document be editable upon entering a specified password. My expectation was that one would be able to enter text into the fields in the pdf as one does in pdf forms. However I am not able to enter those fields in the resulting pdf's I've created. This would be a cool feature allowing me to send a report to my supervisees to be completed by them. Any info on this capability would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Editable PDF's
          sporobolus

on 2012-10-10 14:51 GClare wrote

In the options dialogue for creating PDF's (FMPA 11) in the 'Security' tab one can specify that the document be editable upon entering a specified password. My expectation was that one would be able to enter text into the fields in the pdf as one does in pdf forms. However I am not able to enter those fields in the resulting pdf's I've created. This would be a cool feature allowing me to send a report to my supervisees to be completed by them. Any info on this capability would be greatly appreciated.

FileMaker on its own cannot create fillable PDF forms; there may be plug-ins

that can do it, but i'm not familiar with them; you can take FileMaker's PDF

output and add fillable form fields with a tool like Acrobat Pro

it is a little confusing that the Require password > Editing options include

"Filling in form fields", but these options take their names from the different

levels of permission provided in the PDF standard, not from capabilities

FileMaker offers