0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2012 3:16 PM by alas

Container Fields via ODBC vs FM Client

alas

I have a container field in my FM 12 database that I am building. I have the field set to store the data externally in Open structure (with a folder structure I'm calculating).

I am using the field to store the R-data source file that generated the data that I'm storing in the applicable record. It's a "non-standard" file (not a PDF, JPG, etc.). If I take that file in MacOS and drag it to the container field, it shows as a "file" in the container field, and in the server (FMSA12) I can see the file in the calculated folder structure I designed.

If I have another machine writing the same exact R-data file into the container field, the file shows in the container with the same icon, but it says "untitled" for the name, and I am unable to export the file from the conainer. It also does NOT show up in the server folder structure as an externally stored file.

See the two screen shots.

Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 6.13.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-10-12 at 6.12.50 PM.png

Here is the SQL statement that we're using.

"UPDATE Profiles SET profile_data = PutAs(?, 'RDat') WHERE ProfileID='PR"+profile_id+"'";

Any ideas?

P.S. I will also note that the "good one" shows the following for the filename/location of the file (remote:U108_Red_profile_profile_fetch

FILE:Profiles/profile_data/U240/2012-10-12_18-26-29/U108_Red_profile_profile_fetch) and the "bad one" shows the following (remote:Untitled). So it's not showing the file location since the file is not being written to the file directory.