0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2012 5:12 AM by medhacker

Univ of IL RFP for Filemaker Pro Install/Train

medhacker

The U of I is seeking a contractor to install Filemaker Pro and teach the staff to use it. I'm not prepared to take on the task, so I'm putting it out to the community. Here's the blurb from the U of I procurement website, and I've attached the entire RFP:

University of Illinois at Chicago

RFP #JCM051

Request for Proposal: File Maker Pro Software Database System

First published Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sealed proposals will be accepted at the address below until 3:00 PM, Wednesday October 31, 2012:

Purchasing Division (M/C 560)
      809 South Marshfield Avenue
      Chicago, IL 60612-7203

Request Proposals to provide FileMaker Pro software system database: license, implementation, training and maintenance for College of Education project to better manage its data and its students' academic and clinical work in its Ed.D program.FileMaker Pro is the software that was selected for this project because of its cross platform accessibility, web capabilities and user friendliness. The Center needs assistance from a company with specific expertise and experience with FileMaker Pro to build the databases and train staff to a skill level to be able to main the databases and to develop new modules as needed. The primary outcomes for the project are to develop appropriate FileMaker Pro database designs to accommodate the Center's data needs, and to train staff to maintain the databases and to be able to develop new modules in the future. This project requires specific expertise with FileMaker Pro software. The vendor must be able to design databases, work with staff in the design phase, and train staff to become proficient in using the database.

For additional information, contact:

John Meehan
      University of Ilinois at Chicago
      Purchasing Division (M/C 560)
      809 South Marshfield Avenue
      Chicago, IL 60612-7203
      Phone: (312) 413-5961
      FAX: (312) 996-2055

State Purchasing Officer - Gary Reis

Submit 5 copies of the response as defined in the specifications. The University reserves the right to accept or reject any and all responses or parts thereof. Vendor may expect payment thirty to sixty days after receipt of invoice, unless otherwise stated in the bid documents. Proposal documents may be obtained by contacting the Purchasing Office. Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR) eligibility number is required on all proposals, if applicable.

This transaction is subject to the State Board of Elections registration and certification requirements of Public Act 095-0971.

The State of Illinois has a policy to encourage prospective vendors to hire qualified veterans, minorities, females, persons with disabilities and ex-offenders.