1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2012 8:57 AM by disabled_lvairo

Help making diagram and visual representation of data NOT using a Graph or Chart, UP for the CHALLENGE?!?!?

Hello Again!

What I'm trying to do is take the information from three fields (two number fields and one field that is a letter with a number) and have each field represented in a certain way (see photo). The left image is the setup I have currently. How it works now is when a number is entered into the Rack column, the corresponding numbered box in the "Rack" visualization becomes highlighted. This also is true for the second image "Box" number and the slot letter/number combo. The problem is that for the Rack number, only the first rack number in the column lights up. For example, if as pictured below, there is an item in rack number 4 and number 6, only the rack number 4 field will become highlighted and not the rack 6 field. On the other hand, for the box number and slot letter/number, all the fields that have matching values in the chat are highlighted at once.

Ideally the way I want to visualize this data is row by row. What I mean is when the first ROW of data is selected, I want the three fields to represent themselves in the diagram by becoming highlighted. Then when I click (or press the down arrow key, or enter key) the highlighting from the last record disappears and the new data is then highlighted in the diagram, and so on. As I scroll down the list of data, I want the highlighting to change specific to the data in the row, I do not want all the highlighting for all the rows to show up at once unless the user selects all the rows intentionally.

For me this is a HUGE problem and I honestly have now way of figuring out how to solve it.

The calculation I am currently using is PatternCount ( Layout::boxsum ; "1" ) , PatternCount ( Layout::boxsum ; "2" ), etc.

HELP!!!

Sincerely,

Logan

Screen Shot 2012-10-17 at 11.03.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2012-10-17 at 11.02.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2012-10-17 at 11.19.56 AM.png

1 2 Previous Next