2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 3:33 PM by sporobolus

Native FMSAC FileMaker Server Administration Console

DickHoning

Hi there,

just received a message that the FMSAC no longer works with Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion with the latest Java update.

Is anybody else getting fed up with this Java based console and also wants FileMaker to (re-)produce a native app as we had with FileMaker Server 8 ?

Or am I alone on this ?

best regards - Dick Honing / ecOrganizer

• 1. Re: Native FMSAC FileMaker Server Administration Console
          Malcolm

just received a message that the FMSAC no longer works with Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion with the latest Java update.

Is anybody else getting fed up with this Java based console and also wants FileMaker to (re-)produce a native app as we had with FileMaker Server 8 ?

Getting fed up? That's a curious phrase. It suggests that you still have some expectation that the console would work. I have such low expectations of it that I don't expect it to work. Should I expect it to work? My experience tells me that it won't. It didn't last time or the time before that. If it worked I wouldn't care what language it was written in.

I should note that this is a Mac OSX problem. The console server, when run on Windows Server seems OK.

To save myself time and frustration I do a command line restart of the adminserver before I open the GUI.

Malcolm

• 2. Re: Native FMSAC FileMaker Server Administration Console
            sporobolus

on 2012-10-17 11:48 DickHoning wrote

i haven't tried it myself, but Dan posted earlier with a trivial fix:

<https://fmdev.filemaker.com/message/97766#97766