2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 8:33 PM by beverly

xslt and xml support

oliver

Hi Everybody,

I am a bit confuse about the news of "Deprecation of XSLT API for Custom Web Publishing" in Filemaker a year ago.

As I am pretty new on understanding how to use XSLT or XML kind of stuff in Filemaker, can some give me clue on what it is.

Depreciation of XSLT API for Custom Web Publishing

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7701

Custom Web Publishing with XML

http://www.filemaker.com/support/technologies/xml.html

Is Custom Web Publishing with XML still support in the future?

How does this two relate? Any overlapping on these? Or I have overlooked something.

Regards,

Oliver

• 1. Re: xslt and xml support
          Malcolm

I am a bit confuse about the news of "Deprecation of XSLT API for Custom Web Publishing" in Filemaker a year ago.

As I am pretty new on understanding how to use XSLT or XML kind of stuff in Filemaker, can some give me clue on what it is.

Filemaker Server can output data as XML. XML is transformed using XSLT (that's the T in XSLT)  into some other shape, often HTML, but possibly any of the MS Office document formats or into graphics using SVG or anything that you like.

For several versions Filemaker Server shipped with an XSLT processor. They dropped have dropped the XSLT processor. It does not appear in FMS v12. It is still possible to do XSLT transformation on the XML output by FM Server. You have to supply your own XSLT processor.

It is still possible to do XSLT transformation on export using FMPro client in v12

Malcolm

• 2. Re: xslt and xml support
            beverly

This is strictly for FMServer 12. XML is still produced for use with PHP custom web publishing or any application that can process it. Just not with XSLT directly.

The "wizards" to assist in creating XSLT or PHP websites has been removed from FMServer 12. Those were called "Site Assistants".

XML is still used for web publishing. XSLT  can even be used with PHP, if you so desire.

In addition, XML with our without XSLT can still be used with Import and Export.

1. XML for web publishing still there.

2. XML & XSLT for Import & Export still there.

What are you wanting to do?

-- sent from my iPhone4 --

Beverly Voth

--