5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 10:59 AM by mikebeargie

Email problem with Filemaker Pro 12

billyboy

Hi,

I have a problem with emailing from Filemaker Pro 12. I made a script that automatically sends an email to a contact in the database. But when the email is in the outbox of Outlook, it just sits there and no matter what you try to do it cannot be sent. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Email problem with Filemaker Pro 12
          mikebeargie

Windows or Mac?

Exchange or POP/SMTP/IMAP email?

It will not send, even after doing a manual send/receive in outlook?

Is sending directly from the filemaker SMTP client not an option?

------

We've had some wierd send mail issues with outlook on the mac, but not really on PC at all.

• 2. Re: Email problem with Filemaker Pro 12
            billyboy

Mike,

I have a PC running Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 and Outlook 2007.  My Filemaker is Filemaker Pro Advanced 12.  For email script I am using Client.  I have made a script to send emails to several contacts at once but they get stuck in the Outlook outbox with "None" for the date.  Any ideas?

• 3. Re: Email problem with Filemaker Pro 12
              mikebeargie

Usually the behavior I've seen is they get stuck in the "drafts" folder in outlook.

Do you have "no dialog" checked on the send mail script step? If you uncheck it I believe it's supposed to pull the message up.

Unfortunately there's not a ton of workarounds for this script step. Plugins certainly offer a lot more functionality in the mail department.

• 4. Re: Email problem with Filemaker Pro 12
                billyboy

Mike,

Yes, it is checked.  I have also tried programs like ClickYes Pro and Outlook Send Mail from Productive Computing and even though they do what they claim to do, i.e. better integration between Filemaker Pro and Outlook, I still get the same problem. 

• 5. Re: Email problem with Filemaker Pro 12
                  mikebeargie

Right, have you tried it with the "no dialog" box unchecked to see what happens?

Also do you have a later copy of office/outlook that you can test with?

Did you try trouble shooting the plug-ins with their developers? I know Productive Computing usually has a pretty good troubleshooting response to their products.