For server-side scripts you would install them as follows:
- Windows: [drive]:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Database Server\Extensions\
- Mac OS: /Library/FileMaker Server/Database Server/Extensions/
If a web publishing solution uses a plug-in, you must place a copy of the same plug-in in a folder on the machine running the Web Publishing Engine (even if the Web Publishing Engine is running on the same machine as the database server) as follows:
- Windows: [drive]:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing- engine\wpc\Plugins\
- Mac OS: /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins/
I've always assumed that the plug-ins listed in the Admin Console are for the server-side scripts, but not 100% sure about that.
FileMaker 12/11/10/9/8 Certified Developer
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Phone: +61 2 9484 6565
Mobile: +61 418 468 103
Also note that the 64 bit version of FMS has a 64 bit Custom Web Publishing process, so requires a 64 bit build of the plugin, which also goes in a new location :
OS X: /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpc/Plugins/
Windows: [drive]:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishingengine\cwpc\Plugins\
I haven't yet found the documentation for this change.