2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2012 9:22 PM by nickorr

FileMaker Server Plug-in Paths

vince.menanno

Can someone remind me where plug-ins are stored on the Server again.

I think there were 2 paths - one for scripting engine to use and the other for the web publising to use.

Is that correct?

And where is it that they are stored.

And last question when you look in the Server admin console and you see the plug-in listed there what is that plug-in referring to - the server side plug-in or the web publishing plug-in.

Thanks

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server Plug-in Paths
          databuzz

Hi Vince,

For server-side scripts you would install them as follows:

- Windows: [drive]:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Database Server\Extensions\

- Mac OS: /Library/FileMaker Server/Database Server/Extensions/

If a web publishing solution uses a plug-in, you must place a copy of the same plug-in in a folder on the machine running the Web Publishing Engine (even if the Web Publishing Engine is running on the same machine as the database server) as follows:

- Windows: [drive]:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing- engine\wpc\Plugins\

- Mac OS: /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins/

I've always assumed that the plug-ins listed in the Admin Console are for the server-side scripts, but not 100% sure about that.

hth,

Andrew

FileMaker 12/11/10/9/8 Certified Developer

Databuzz

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Phone: +61 2 9484 6565

Mobile: +61 418 468 103

Email: andrew@databuzz.com.au

http://www.databuzz.com.au

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server Plug-in Paths
            nickorr

Also note that the 64 bit version of FMS has a 64 bit Custom Web Publishing process, so requires a 64 bit build of the plugin, which also goes in a new location :

OS X: /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpc/Plugins/

Windows: [drive]:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishingengine\cwpc\Plugins\

More details : http://www.goya.com.au/blog/filemaker-server-12-and-plugins-web-publishing

I haven't yet found the documentation for this change.

Cheers,

Nick