5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2012 11:37 PM by RossHurley

Accessing SQL data source from both Mac and PC

RossHurley

Hi all,

I've just had my first experience with a client with all the data in MySQL and who wanted help in developing an FM12 front end. It was an interesting experience and I'm still learning how FMP interacts with SQL. My initial work was done in their office, directly accessing the SQL data, but now I'm working from my office. The client has set up the source so I can access the data remotely. I have a question on the difference between OS X and Win7 in accessing the SQL data over the internet.

On the Mac (OS X 10.6.8) I can only access 3 or 4 records in any table or portal at a time. Tables initially show the full record count in the status area, but if I attempt to view records past the first few I get question marks in the fields, and the record count steadily counts down, ending up with a total record count of only 3 or 4. It does this in all tables. I copied the FM12 front end file to my Win7 PC, so it's using the same external data source setup, but the PC can see and access all records, virtually instantaneously. Is this expected behaviour, perhaps the difference between Mac and PC OBDC drivers?

Any information on this issue would be welcome. Thanks.

Ross Hurley

Adelaide, Australia