AnsweredAssumed Answered

Document Server Solution

Question asked by acrobat on Oct 23, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2012 by CarlSchwarz

Dear Filemaker Community,

Though I have done some tinkering with Filemaker solutions myself, I am hoping that there exists a product (for purchase or sharing) that uses the strengths of Filemaker 12 and Filemaker Server as a document server for our group. This would include automatic versioning as new documents are edited, security features especially for mobile devices, and the ability to handle Word and pdf files (bonus if it could handle other formats on multiple platforms). Ideally, I'd like a solution that I could further customize myself over time as our needs change. I am especially interested in a solution that includes the ability to view documents on the iOS platform and would like to avoid having to create this from scratch since I am convinced that others with more Filemaker chops than myself have probably coded a solution (or many solutions) in the recent past.

Thanks for any leads or suggestions. Sorry for the newbie question but searching the forums for "document server" did little to reveal what discussions may have already occurred on this topic.

-Rob

Outcomes