2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2012 1:29 PM by psijmons

Working example of Using OAuth 2.0 for Installed Applications (Google geocoding)

psijmons

Does anyone have a working example to let users access the Google map API with their own (or their company's) Google credentials?

Just need something that can be used in the opening script and will be active throughout the users session.

There is a lot of information on this subject at Google, actually an overwhelming amount and a script example would speed up my understanding of this process.

I would be very grateful.

Peter

• 1. Re: Working example of Using OAuth 2.0 for Installed Applications (Google geocoding)
          LyndsayHowarth

Working example... yes...

... that I can allow you to access... no.. sorry.

I have a solution (.fp7) which uses a url with the variable address data which accesses PHP pages on my server which mmarks an origin and a destination on a google map then calculates distance by road and time estimates.

I have a problem with Windows with a google 'over query limit' error that loops and locks out the FM user... so I open a browser window.

On the Mac the result is shown in a web viewer and the time and distance values are added to the record. Windows users have to transfer the values manually until I can shed the google error.

google references for the API are a bit overwhelming. The forum is helpful to some extent but there is a (techno) language barrier.... you have to know the jargon and finding responses from FM people is rare.

HTH

- Lyndsay

• 2. Re: Working example of Using OAuth 2.0 for Installed Applications (Google geocoding)
            psijmons

Thanks Lindsay,

I got that part (directions) to work properly on my credentials, but the issue is for users to make this work on their own google account. If I use a single account for all my clients it will max out with 2500 queries / day.   And you are right, the google refs are overwhelming.