3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2012 12:20 PM by comment

Help with a simple (maybe) Chart

gwallis

First time using FMP for charting and I can not figure out how to chart just two numbers that will represent only one data point on the chart. The numbers are CF= 62.5% and WF= 34.8%. Both the X and Y axis are percentages.

Do I use a repeating field or use some kind of a delimeter? If I try and use two series I get two separate data points... I want the two numbers to converge into one data point.

I hope that this makes sense!

Thanks in advance...

• 1. Re: Help with a simple (maybe) Chart
          comment

gwallis wrote:

I want the two numbers to converge into one data point.

I am not sure what "converge" means in this context. How many different pairs of CF and WF will you have? Where will they be coming from - and what type of chart do you want to show?

• 2. Re: Help with a simple (maybe) Chart
            gwallis

Just one pair of CF and WF in a Line Chart.  I want to show just one Data Point for the two values.  The Vertical scale is from 20% to 60% and the Horizontal Scale is from 80% to 30%.

See attached diagram.Line Chart.jpg

• 3. Re: Help with a simple (maybe) Chart
              comment

If I follow this correctly (and that's a very big IF), the "one Data Point for the two values" (x = 62.5%;  y = 34.8%) is shown in your diagram as the point labeled "Combined Aggregate". I am not sure where the lines shown in that diagram are coming from (though there seems to be a table defining the co-ordinates of the "workability box" in the bottom-right corner).

A line chart requires at least two data points. In any case, Filemaker's chart engine will not scale the x-axis value; IOW, a chart showing x values of {1; 10; 100; 1000} will be shown exactly the same as another chart with x values of {1; 2; 3; 4}.